This multi-country tour is everything you need in a Vietnam & Cambodia adventure. From Hanoi to Siem Reap, we explore all things iconic, historic and unique. Wander the bustling streets of Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon. Encounter the Cu Chi Tunnels and pay your respects at the Killing Fields. Shop at floating markets and drink in the fascinating local culture. Tick off the Angkor Wat Temple in Cambodia, and the towering limestone islands of Halong Bay. A bucket-list trip through and through - tailormade for adventurers of all ages.
Day 1: Arrive in Hanoi
Welcome to Vietnam! Once you’ve checked in at your hotel, enjoy free time to wander through the streets of Hanoi’s city centre. The streets are lined with markets waiting to be explored and the city seems to catch a second wind after dark. Meet your fellow travellers and tour leader at the hotel - your tour is officially underway!
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour
Start your Vietnam and Cambodia tour with a full day of sightseeing in Hanoi. Visit the home and resting place of Ho Chi Minh, known as the father of modern-day Vietnam. The Ho Chi Minh Complex consists of the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Stilt House, Presidential Palace and One Pillar Pagoda. Visit Vietnam’s first university, the Temple of Literature. The university was built in 1070 to honour Confucius. Learn about the 54 official ethnic groups found in the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology. End with a visit to Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple.
Day 3: Hanoi - Ha Long Bay
No tour to Vietnam is complete without a visit to Ha Long Bay! Hop aboard your cruise ship to enjoy some waterway explorations. Sit down to a delicious lunch on board as we set off to explore some of the 1,600 islets in Ha Long Bay. Our first stop is Sung Sot (Surprising) Cave. Cruise from the confines of the caves to a picturesque sandy beach. Back on board, feast your eyes on a cooking demonstration before tasting the seafood delights that have been prepared. Join the crew as they catch squid under the stars. Or choose to learn about the history and culture of Indochina as you sit back and watch a movie onboard.
**Cruise itineraries and schedules are subject to change without pre-notice depending on the weather and operating conditions
Day 4: Cat Ba island - Hanoi - Flight to Hue
Wake up in Ha Long Bay and start your day with a refreshing Tai Chi lesson on the sundeck. Enjoy a light lunch on board. Later this afternoon we’ll travel back to Hanoi and fly to Hue.
Day 5: Hue City Tour
Hue was the political, cultural and religious centre of unified Vietnam till 1945. Visit the city’s main attractions by cruising along the Perfume River on a traditional Dragon boat. The river spans 80 km, flowing through Hue City Centre. Your first stop is the Thien Mu Pagoda, one of the best-preserved religious sites in Vietnam. Then, it’s onto the Imperial Citadel and the Royal Mausoleum of Emperor Tu Duc. Spend the rest of the day meandering through the Dong Ba Market.
Day 6: Hue - Da Nang - Hoi An
Drive along the beautiful coast from Hue to Hoi An. Stop in Da Nang to see the Marble Mountains. These five limestone hills each boast an abundance of beauty and a pagoda resting on top. Arrive in Hoi An and spend the afternoon exploring the beautiful coastal city.
Day 7: Hoi An Ancient Town
Visit the Japanese Covered Bridge Pagoda, which is considered to be an icon of Hoi An. Wander through the quaint streets of the ancient city. Stop at the Sa Huynh Culture Museum and learn about a civilisation from 2,000 years ago. Your next stop is the Tran Family Chapel, used in the early 19th century to worship the Tran family’s ancestors. Watch as the locals go through the meticulous process of lantern making. Pay a visit to the Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall - a pagoda that was built in 1690 and stands in honour of the Goddess of the Sea. The afternoon is yours to explore this unique ancient town. Soak up the sunset and take in the lights reflecting on the water this evening.
Day 8: Hoi An - Da Nang - Flight to Can Tho
Spend your morning at the beach or enjoying soaking up the last few hours in Hoi An. Then it’s onto Da Nang airport to catch a flight to Can Tho! Set in the Mekong Delta region, the city is known for its canal networks, and floating markets, restaurants and bars. Visit the iconic Binh Thuy Ancient House during your free time in the afternoon. The 100-year old house is uniquely decorated, with a clear western influence on the outside and traditional eastern touches on the inside.
Day 9: Cai Rang Floating Market - Ho Chi Minh/Saigon
Cruise along the Can Tho river and experience traffic on water. Your first stop is the biggest floating market in the Mekong Delta - Cai Rang. Experience the morning hustle as locals buy their fresh produce, cooked meals, fish and even coffee from the local traders. For a change of scenery, visit the An Binh indoor market where traders from nearby farms sell their produce. Glimpse local life while cruising down the Rau Ram canal. Walk through the local village and head into a rice noodle workshop to see how it is made. Your last stop in the countryside is the Ba Cong tropical fruit garden. Here, you can learn more about the traditional methods of gardening. Unwind and indulge in a delicious meal in a local restaurant. Finally, it’s back to Can Tho City to make the trip to Ho Chi Minh/Saigon.
Day 10: Cu Chi Tunnels - Ho Chi Minh/Saigon City Tour
The Vietnam War played a huge role in shaping Vietnam and its history. One of the iconic sites of this tumultuous war is the Cu Chi Tunnels, where the Viet Cong lived and fought underground. Next up, explore Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon. On our list of sights, we have the Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon, the Post Office and the former Presidential Palace. End the day by wandering through the Ben Thanh Market and searching for souvenirs. This is a popular place to pick áo dài, a traditional Vietnamese silk tunic worn by both men and women at New Year’s
Day 11: Ho Chi Minh/Saigon - Flight to Phnom Penh
Today you venture into the second country of your tour through Vietnam and Cambodia! Glance down during the flight to get your last few glimpses of Vietnam. Today it’s onto the next Southeast Asian treasure. Phnom Penh welcomes you! Enjoy some free time to explore on your own.
Day 12: Phnom Penh City Tour
The first stop on your tour through Cambodia’s capital is the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. Hear about the catastrophic history of those prisoners held captive and tortured in this former school. Follow the route that many took from the Choeung Ek extermination camp, also known as the Killing Fields. Your next stop is the Toul Tom Poung Market. Here, you can search through all the souvenirs and merchandise on offer. Head to the Royal Compound, which is home to the Royal Palace and the Silver Pagoda. Your final stop for the day is Wat Phnom Temple, a beautiful pagoda atop a hill.
Day 13: Phnom Penh - Siem Reap
It’s time to venture to the resort town of Siem Reap - the gateway to the ruins of Angkor! Start your day of exploring at Chong Kneas floating village. Then hop onto a traditional wooden boat to float down the Tonle Sap Lake. Spend the rest of the day watching how young Cambodians are trained in the ancient Khmer traditions at the Chantiers Ecoles - Les Artisans d'Angkor.
Day 14: Angkor Wat
Today you’ll explore the iconic World Heritage temples of the Angkor Wat complex, the largest religious monument in the world! Spend the whole day exploring the sights - including the South Gate of Angkor Thom, the Bayon Temple and the Royal Enclosure. Marvel at the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King.
Day 15: Siem Reap - End of tour
It’s the end of your Vietnam and Cambodia tour. Be sure to share contact details with your fellow tour passengers, so you can keep sharing your tour memories!
- 13 nights 3 & 4* hotel accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities
- 1 night on board a Ha Long Bay cruise ship in twin share cabins with private en-suite facilities
- Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room and cabin
- 14 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners | *Vegetarian options available for all meals on request
- Modern air-conditioned private van or coach
- Vietnam Airlines flight Hanoi-Hue
- Vietnam Airlines flight Da Nang-Can Tho
- Vietnam Airlines flight Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon-Phnom Penh
- *Please note: Airlines are subject to change
- Services of your tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Visit the Ho Chi Minh complex
- See the One Pillar Pagoda
- Visit the Temple of Literature
- Explore the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology
- Visit Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple
- Take a cruise of Ha Long Bay, with an overnight stay
- Visit Sung Sot Cave
- See how seafood is prepared in traditional style
- Chance to partake in a night-time squid fishing experience
- Watch an Indochina movie screening onboard cruise ship
- Take part in a Tai Chi lesson at sunrise
- Tour to Luon Cave in a bamboo boat
- Cruise the Perfume River on a Dragon boat
- Visit Thien Mu Pagoda
- Explore the ancient Imperial Citadel in Hue
- Visit the Royal Mausoleum of Emperor Tu Duc
- Shop at Dong Ba Market
- Experience stunning views on a scenic drive from Hue to Hoi An
- See the Marble Mountains
- See the Japanese Covered Bridge Pagoda
- Visit the Sa Huynh Culture Museum
- See the Tran Family Chapel
- Learn how traditional lanterns are made
- See the Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall Pagoda
- Visit French Colonial style Binh Thuy Ancient House
- Experience the floating market of Cai Rang
- Shop at An Binh Market
- Walking tour of Rau Ram canal
- See how rice is processed into noodles
- Visit Ba Cong tropical fruit garden
- Chance to crawl through the Cu Chi Tunnels
- See the Notre Dame Cathedral in Ho Chi Minh City
- Visit Ho Chi Minh City's Presidential Palace
- Shop at Ben Thang Market in Ho Chi Minh City
- Visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
- Experience the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Explore Toul Tom Poung market
- Tour the Royal Palace complex
- See the Wat Phnom Temple
- Shop at the Chong Kneas floating village
- Shop at the Chong Kneas floating village
- Watch ancient Khmer traditions at the Chantiers Ecoles
- Explore the iconic Angkor Wat temple complex